Sunday, September 11, 2005

Nine eleven nightmare

It was the first of my two days off... I was at rest in bed when the phone rang. I don't know about you, but when I'm snapped out of sleep, not everything computes right off the bat... I fiddled clumbsily with the phone, hitting the button. It was my mom. She told me something bad had happened.

I thought at first of my dad.

We've been attacked.

We, America... At the time, I saw red white and blue flashes before my eyes... Apache attack helocopters rising over batallians of tanks... I wondered what was going to happen, who it was, where, why, I wondered all these things... I was too sleepy time to ask though...

Mom rattled off information as I walked down the spiraling stairs to the living room... I turned on the TV, to see both of the Towers in flames, smoke... Aerial shots from all different angles. Plane after plane slamming into the buildings... Flashes of the Pentagon... I wondered where Tom Brokaw was...

Standing in the living room in my boxer shorts, in shock... I hadn't even taken the morning leak yet.

I don't know... Felt like sharing... What happened that day was an attack on humanity... It wasn't one country declaring war on another... It was murder. Innocent people, innocent lives.

Learn from this World... It's only been four years, but still... Learn...

Ummmm. Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emerson83 said...

So I'm guessing that this has lost its appeal to you huh? You and so many many others, LOL. I'm getting there, I think. I "heart" you!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home