Monday, November 21, 2005

The worm's about to turn!

I’ve been strangling my own ability to let things out. Telling myself that I can’t write. Even trying to convince myself that it was time to move on, learn a trade, buy a home, and be all suburban. Over and over-- If you try to be a writer, you’ll end up living a life of obscurity and never amount to anything.

But then this lovely girl explained to me that I’m a chronic underachiever.

“Oh how exciting, now I have an excuse.”

I kid, I really do. This realization, along with a talk with my Mom about what I really want to be, I’ve been brewing. Brewing ideas, brewing courage, maybe even brewing a little bit of confidence. But I haven’t been letting it out. Why? Because I figured this underachiever thing would turn me into a writer without the ability to finish a goddamn story.

But here I am, with inspiration – whatever that means.

I haven’t been at a loss either, I’ve been taking it all in. I know what I’ve gotta do, its just all about doing it.

Next semester I won’t be stepping into a class room. I will though, be clearing out a lot of bullshit. Minimalist-like. I have way too much shit. I’m going to start reading books. Also going to be aided in that by a lovely girl and my Mom.

I’m going to become a writer. Just, I haven’t read the greats – that’s something I’ve gotta do. All of them, I don’t plan on stopping once I get going.

So many things to do, I know. One of them is unplugging. There’s a game I play, or now, use to play. Where my interest in being an author was sparked.

Pretty sure I’m gonna have to give that a break, or if I do, its going to be about the character, not the game, win or lose. I’ve had my fill of that “Lifestyle” if you can call it that – some people do.

Like the drug thing, only more trivial.

…And now its time for something completely different (Cliché)

Raw and Smackdown were both hard ones to watch this week. Losing Eddie Guerrero has really hit it hard. At the same time, its marvelous, because its never been like this. Never before have all the wrestlers come together like this and broke kayfabe. Even when we lost Owen Hart, it wasn’t anything like this.

I think Eddie’s greatest gift was that he treated everyone like Family. “Familia”… The love he showed, all the things he did; they’re shining through in the WWE right now. He touched so many people. All the heels, tears in their eyes, being sentimental, showing that they’ve got great big hearts.

As much as this is about Eddie, its also about being reminding why we love wrestling so much. Through really taking a look at how much Eddie cared about it. Showing the fans, the wrestlers, the families, the owners, showing everyone – Wrestling is entertainment like no other.

I have been crying a lot over it, but I’ve never lost someone I felt as close to as Eddie. It’s hard to explain, yet, not selfish. I’ve lost family, but I didn’t know them – seen them off and on, like four days inside twenty years, if that makes sense.

For the better part of ten years, I’ve been watching Eddie Guerrero wrestle.

Eddie = Wrestling.

Still miss you man. I won’t let anyone forget either. I sure won’t.

VIVA LA RASA!!!


Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Emerson83 said...

I feel like I should warn you that some of those "greats" are massively overrated. Don't fall subject to the Canon Fodder!

Also: Ur Hot.

That is all.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home